Sunday, May 11, 2008

Running out of superlatives!

Lucerne is so beautiful, with the lake in the foreground and the mountains soaring all around, a real contrast to the flatness of Holland and Germany.

We have had so much fun today! We’ve taken two of the optional excursions. The first to a Swiss lunch, three courses Including a fondue and bratwurst, and entertainment consisting of yodelling, the alp horn, spoon playing, and a band based around an accordion. It was fantastic - until I was one of the unlucky ones called up on stage for audience participation in the yodelling session! I had to yodel, accompanied by the accordion and the m.c. only. Horrific. After we had all done our bit, they made us come to the front again and skull a Swiss beer while they sang a song from each of our nationalities - I got Pokarekare Ana. I can hear my children laughing at me from here!!



After that, it was great to relax on a cruise around the lake. The weather is still wonderful, so we’ve been lucky.

1 comment:

The McPs said...

Photos added Sunday 11 May