Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Guilty Pleasures!

We’ve been bad today – we’ve eaten lots of naughty but delicious food and Allan has been shopping – believe it or not!

We started at St Kilda – after a photo-stop at Ash and Bridget’s bridge, we went looking for a lunch stop. Wow, I’d forgotten about the cake shops there. We had a pastie and then Allan had a marzipan chocolate creation and I had the best vanilla square – so decadent! We tried to walk it off a bit, but there was a nippy wind.

Then Allan found the bookshop of his dreams – he restrained himself to just 5 books.

I came back for my obligatory nap and Allan headed off to his favourite music store (Allans Music!), and bought a couple more books. Luckily, his suitcase only weighed 11 kgs on the way over!

Then it was off to Hardware Lane for dinner. Such a vibrant part of town and lots of eager hosts trying to tempt you to eat with them. Even though it was pretty cool, we could eat outside because we were seated under a heater. We chose Italian, and I had a chocolate pudding with a pure liquid filling that was to die for. Back on the diet as soon as we get home!

Tomorrow will be my shopping day!

No comments: