Thursday, March 28, 2013

A day without Museums!

Last time we were in London we ran out of time to go to Hampton Court, so that was Wednesday's destination.  Travelled by overland train to the south west.
Hampton Court was the summer palace of Henry VIII and what made our visit interesting was the addition of little role plays as we went along.  After we had bowed, as directed, the King chatted to me about how much he wanted dispose of Catherine of Aragon and make Anne Boleyn his Queen.  It was good fun and a great way to bring history to life.
Against, it was bitterly cold and we both struggled with our runny noses and sniffles, so we returned to the hotel mid afternoon and took it easy. I should make it clear (lest you accuse me of being a Nana, which of course I am!) that the little extra naps that I have been taking have been due to the fact that there are no chairs in our hotel room, so I had no choice but to lie down!

No comments: