Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Catch-ups and QVB

[S] More rain today – not forecasted but very heavy at times.

I had a leisurely start today – Allan was out early, which I am sure he will tell you about, but my first appointment was to catch up with my niece, Aimee, and sister-in-law Kerry and her husband Peter.  Aimee has been a regular visitor to NZ so we saw her last year, but I have only seen Kerry once in the last 26 years, and Allan hadn’t seen her since she left NZ.

We had a lovely lunch and a good old natter over pasta.  Aimee seemed disappointed that I hadn’t snuck her Nana into my suitcase – I told you that you should have come Mum! Great to catch up with them all.

We parted company and took the opportunity to check out QVB – what a gorgeous shopping centre.
Not necessarily a place I would buy anything at – none of the jewellery in the windows had prices on, so I assumed that the old adage ’If you have to ask…’ applied. Lots of people there and lots of buckets to deal with the leaky roof, so you had to watch your step.

Just chillaxing now until we head off to see Aladdin the musical tonight – hope it stops raining!

[A] My day started with a walk up Observatory Hill...
around some of the older areas of Millers Point...
then down to Dawes Point (Tar-Ra)...
and back along the waterfront for some good views of the Harbour Bridge...
and the Opera House...

No comments: