Thursday, August 4, 2016

Girls' Day Out

[S] Well, one girl really!  Allan was out early to his conference, so today was shopping day.

I got myself on the train to Chatswood (over the bridge on the North Shore).  The clouds cleared briefly so it was lovely to see the Opera House and harbour from a different perspective.

I had been to Chatswood on an earlier trip and it had literally ended in tears.  Allan and I had gone in different directions last time and arranged a rendezvous place and time.  Half an hour after the appointed time, I was still wandering around in circles and totally fretful. I eventually stumbled upon him in quite a traumatised state (me, not him!), and he was slightly in the dog box for leaving his phone on the charger at home in Wellington!

Chatswood is a Westfield Mall with two six story towers.  I think I did it justice today!

I paid a bit more attention to my entry point and floor level so that I could find my way home and was quite proud of my achievements.  I am still finding Sydney a little navigationally challenging in general.

I loved Aladdin last night.  The staging and costuming was exceptionally well done, and the acting and singing were great too.  The best thing though was the sense of fun – lots of one liners and contemporary references were incorporated into the script, so it was laugh a minute stuff.  My book club cronies will know I love a happy ending so I was well satisfied when Aladdin got his girl!  Needless to say, I have been singing ‘A Whole New World’ all day.

No comments: